Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whirl Wind of Events with a Job on Top.



Ok so I know I haven't been blogging. I'm sorry I will try to do better. Life has been nuts here, but with Craig back home this weekend with his mom I thought I would catch up on some much needed blogging. This may end up being a long one so beware LOL.

First off most of my new furniture finally came in. So now we have a nice couch, love seat and one end table down stairs. I'm still waiting on the other table and cocktail table to come in. Craig and Patti were able to get the old couch, well its not old we bought it last year, and matching loves eat up to the bonus room. So now we have a family room and a nice living room. We LOVE our family room that's has ended up being where we spend most of our time. We realized not long after we moved in that we seemed to always end up there even when there was no furniture so we broke down and got new stuff for down stairs. Craig even got a new 50 in Plasma TV for up there, which he LOVES. I would have to say my favorite part though is that you can't see the room unless you go up there so it's ok if we don't keep it spotless. Please don't get me wrong it has to be clean but its ok if it looks like we actually live here. Ok so here come the pictures of the Living Room down stairs please remember I still have tables that aren't here and I haven't decorated the room yet. I'm at a lost on how to decorate it. Any suggestions???? I have spent so long in military housing with white walls and white floors I don't know what to do in this house.



Ok now you want to see the family room upstairs don't you?? Well even if you answered no to that you are getting them anyways LOL.


The computer desk in on the other side and there is still plenty of room up there. Its definitely the best room in this house.

Moving on we also replaced the Kitchen faucet. I never really liked they one the builder put in but there wasn't time to upgrade when we moved in. They were still putting stuff in this house while we were at the title company closing. So we just kinda dealt with what we go for faucets. Lucky for me the one in the kitchen started to leak before we had even been here a week so we got a new one and my wonderful husband went down to get the one from Lowe's I had been wanting.



Then once we got the faucet fixed the electric bill came in. Ok now lets take it living on post you don't get electric bills so I was so excited to get our first one. It made me feel like an adult (yes I know its stupid but this is our first home)until I opened the letter. The bill was almost $500.I flipped out Craig called the electric company and they immediately told him that was super high and there must be an issue in the house. So my wonderful builder, who I might add I would recommend to anyone, sent someone out on New Years Eve to check to see what was going on. Come to find out the Air conditioning people had programed the unit for gas and not electric so the unit was running nonstop. So now the problem is fixed and the company that put the unit in is paying part of the electric bill since it was their fault. YAY!!!!

So what should I tell you next???? Oh yeah I know we have decide to try IUI to have another baby. I have my Dr appt on Wednesday to see if its an option for us or not. I'm sure it is we know we can get prego so we are hoping to try in Feb. So let's all pray this works out or God send us a baby in some other way. We would be just as happy with adopting as we would having one of our own so that will be our next step.

Ok so I better finish up with my best event of the week. Ok are you ready for this ...... I got a job that's right a J O B. Who ever would have guessed huh??? If you know me you know I haven't worked since 2 weeks before Dayton was born. I have volunteered all over post but never had a paid job. So I am super excited about this job. So I got the perfect job for me too I'm working from home. I was at a birthday party with Dayton and one of my friends was telling me about her job where she works from home. I was super interested who doesn't want to work at home. So she told me how she got her job and I came home to immediately apply and low and behold I got the job. So now I'm using my home computer and phone line to take order for a company called Live Nation. They sell concert tickets. I can work as little or as many hour as I want each week as long as I would 4 hours a month and at least 30 min two Saturdays a month. Plus not to mention I'm making 8 an hour, which isn't a ton but I am super excited. I wasn't even looking for a job nor did I ever think in the economy I would get one and I did. I also told my sister and several friends about it and Loren got the job too. Well not the same one I got she working for a flower company taking orders. Well that's all I have for now, except for the cutest picture of Dayton asleep with her Kit doll. Hope you enjoy.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks so homely and I am rubbish at interior design so have no suggestions but I think all lounges/living rooms need a plant :)

Congrats on the job! Money is money - you deserve it :) xxx.

Tiffany said...

Hi April,
I leaped over from MCK tonight after seeing your blog name. I too am an Army wife so naturally I had to click over here for a visit. :)

Your house is beautiful, girl! Congratulations on becoming an "adult" and getting your first bill! Haha!! That cracked me up but I understand, totally! :)

Your blog is so adorable but I have to say your daughter is far moreso. What a doll!

Hope you're enjoying your new job, house and best wishes as you persue getting pregnant.

Tiffany
The Boren Life